You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘startch’ tag.
Today I’ve been mostly tackling my c.v., you know being a real grown up and taking actual steps towards gainful employment. I also had the real urge to do something productive to the house as well, so i decided to tackle the bathroom windows.
We are on a very tight budget with regards to the house, firstly I’m not working so the money coming in tends to go on things like food, bills and the van, secondly its only a rental and I don’t much see any point in investing too much in the house when its the landlord (nice as he is) who’ll gain. There isn’t much space in our bathroom, so curtains would over whelm the space and blinds just aren’t on the budget at the moment.
I had vague recollections of seeing fabric stuck right onto the windows glass, a quick trawl through my massive favourites file threw up this post on all buttoned up, with some clarification in a second post.
This is the fabric I had to had, it’s a lovely light weight Liberty of London print, so just perfect for my intended use of it. The green strawberries are just adorable.
The only starch I could find locally was this stuff by dylon.
Its the natural starch spray thankfully, last time I went looking for starch I could only find a cheapo fake starch that wrecked the plate on my equally cheap iron.
It was pretty easy to do, I sprayed the window, fixed the fabric to the window frame with some tape and then sprayed the life out of the fabric. Getting all the air bubbles out was a bit of a pain but not too bad really.
It’s so hard to get a half decent shot of that window, quite frustrating but with the camera out of action I’m relying on the crackberry these days and I do apologise.
And here’s the final product!
I found my camera cable! Squeee! So here’s a close up of the final product.
There are a few things that I’d do if I were to tackle this project again, I wouldn’t cut the fabric to size with a craft knife, I’d yanno listen to Melissa and take the fabric down to cut it. I’d also breakout a sponge to help with the bubbles, but all in all I’m really happy with how my little diversion turned out. Yay!
Now to deal with everything else…